Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Five Year Fear

I am bad with goals.  I gaze upon a five year plan with fear and trepidation.  It just seems so large, and I'm terrible at breaking it down into bite-sized pieces to swallow along the way.  And it paralyzes me to any type of action.

"In five years, I want to be doing THIS.  I want to have accomplished THAT.  In five years I will have CHANGED my life."

Gulp.

But maybe it's not about five years.  Maybe if it's about today, I can stand it.  The choices I make today, the decisions and directions I go in.  If I have to change my life in one giant leap, I don't think I'm going to make it.  But maybe there's hope for me if every small step makes a difference.

So today I'm going to do something that changes my life.  Hopefully tomorrow, too.  Who knows, I might just do it the day after that, as well.  And in five years I may wake up and say "Well what do you know, I'm somewhere different than where I started..."