Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

White-Knuckle Clutch

I'm kind of an all or nothing person.  Black and white.  It is or it isn't.  I really like to know what's going on - the WHOLE picture - and once I have something, I'm not letting go.  "You can pry it out of my cold, dead fingers" type of not letting go.

I used to think this was a sign of commitment.  I'm dedicated, I'm sold-out, I am never giving up.  Really I think it just means I'm stubborn.  That I hate change (even the good changes).

I heard a speaker once talk about how it's hard for God to pour out blessings into a closed fist.  *OUCH*  The tighter we white-knuckle clutch, the less we are open for his amazing plans.

Boy, is it hard, though, to hold plans in an open hand.  What if we drop them?  We're not securing them, they could fall right off!  But I guess plans were never ours to secure in the first place.

So I'm attempting to hold ideas of future plans with an open hand.  Attempting.  We'll see what happens...