Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

Jeremiah 29

What's the most popular "I'm-freaking-out-about-my-future" comfort verse?  Probably Jeremiah 29:11, right?

But my favorite is a little further.  Jeremiah 29:14 promises the best thing that I've ever read:

"I will be found by you," declares the Lord, "and will bring you back from captivity."

We're not guaranteed cool careers, leadership positions, money, physical health, strong families, or other things that we sure would like to be promised.  But we are 100% guaranteed that if we search for God with our whole heart, we will find Him.

SHABLAM!  Fan-tastic.

Along the way we find other things that He puts in our path for us to find.  Practical things about our lives, how to connect and communicate with other people, and all sorts of excellent truths about faith and ministry.

Many things in life may still elude us.  But if our heart wants it, God will be found.  I don't know about you, but I'm on the search.