Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Shifting Shadows

It's 2 am and I really should be sleeping, but my mind won't stop.

Through the past few months it feels like nothing much has changed...but then also, oddly, like there is a lot going on.

There have been a series of disappointments that we've faced.  We keep trying to pursue different avenues of ministry and employment but to no avail.

But the one thought that God continues to press into my mind is that when we cannot trust what He's doing - or rather, we don't want to - we should focus on who He is.  And trust that.

I do not know what God is doing.  For whatever reason - my blindness, or His choice to keep His movements a mystery to us for the time being - I cannot see.  A lot of days, it looks like He is doing nothing.

But I know Him.  And if I trust who He is, then I know that is not true.  He is not inactive.  I have seen Him work in my life in the past, and the God who did those things has not changed.  He is not as fickle as we are, those who seem to shift under every new influence.

"God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind.  Does he speak and then not act?  Does he promise and not fulfill?"  - Numbers 23:19